Friday, July 15, 2011

Spray tan

With an upcoming reunion this weekend, I decided going in to it my normal pasty, neon- white color just wouldn't do (especially since it's going to be nearly 100 degrees & I'll want to wear something short).  So, I called a couple days ago to a local salon & asked about spray tanning.  The girl was very helpful, answered all of my questions, and assured me I wouldn't be orange or streaky.  So, I set up the appointment and hoped for the best. 

Just got back from said appointment about an hour ago, and I have to say, I'm pretty pleased!  I'm neither orange nor streaky, just like she said.  And it's fairly dark without being unnaturally so for my coloring - darker than I could probably get even if I spent the whole summer tanning (and without the sunburns I would get for the first several times I'd try to tan!)  I still feel kind of sticky and keep worring that it's going to rub off on fabrics or anything I touch....but it's not.  I can't shower for at least 6 hours, and they told me it would be better if I could hold out until my morning shower tomorrow.  That may be tough, but I'm going to try.  I love the color, especially on my shins ( which no matter how I tan, never seem to get as dark as other places)!!

I do have to say, it was a little unnerving to have some stranger airbrushing me as I stood in my undies & strapless bra ( I was kind of hoping it would be a booth thing), but the results were well worth it!  Even my toes are tan!!  I can definitely see doing this again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment