Monday, April 11, 2011

Flowers

I am completely baffled as my flowers are starting to bloom this spring.  The fall that we first lived here, I planted daffodils along one wall of my fenced-in patio.  I planted classic yellow ones and white ones with pink centers.  The following spring, when they bloomed, those were exactly the colors I got.  The next year, come spring when they bloomed, I had maybe only 2 or 3 yellow flowers and the rest were white with pinkish-orange centers.  I thought "cool - I made hybrids"!  ( I had piggy-backed the bulbs, so this wasn't too surprising.)  Now it's spring again and they're starting to bloom.  Every one of them...classic yellow!!  Not a white one among them!  Granted, I'm somewhat new to the gardening thing....but this has me stymied!!  I will say, after last years odd colored ones, I'm glad I didn't change my irises!!  I had considered interspersing my purple ones with the rust color ones that I think are gorgeous.  But if they were to mix colors like my daffodils did last year....I'd end up with mud-colored irises - yuck!!!  Wonder how my tulips will look this year.....I planted a bunch of different colors of those that first fall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment