Monday, March 28, 2011

Come here

Two simple words....come here!  Am I saying it wrong??  Should I try it in a different language??  Apparently "come here" translates into puppy-ese as jump and bark at me, and then run away really fast!!!  I'm pretty sure that's not what I said!  My friend Monica asked me if I was sure I wanted to get a male pup.  Maybe she was onto something.  This little boy, as 'OMG stinkin cute' as he is....not the brightest penny in the well!!!  And stubborn as all get out (ok - laugh all you want..... yes, I see the irony - just like me!)!!  I am, however, questioning his intelligence.  The other night, he discovered his tail....and began to chase it.  Now boxer tails are docked short at 3 days old, so his is too short to catch when he's chasing it.  Nevertheless...he ran himself in circles for a good 10 minutes giving it every effort.   Here's the fun part....as he was chasing his uncatchable stub, he was growling at his butt!  That put Grace into hysterical giggles!!!  I was sitting there shaking my head and my daughter was yelling "do it again! do it again!"  Perhaps my friend Monica was right....maybe a girl puppy would have been better.  At least one with two brain cells to rub together and make a spark! I ended up with a male puppy who is the equivalent of Joey from Friends!!  He's cute as all get out, but......well, let's just say, thank God he's pretty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment