Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Baby Magnus

Yep- it's official....we are dog owners!  He's not with us yet, I go get him on Friday!!  All checked out well with one exception....he's what we call a cryptorchid, which means he only has one testicle descended.  So, when we go to neuter him, we'll have to find the other one and he'll have 2 incisions instead of one.  Not a huge deal, we see this fairly commonly (although Dr. Anne will not be thrilled).  If I wasn't planning to neuter him, it could become an issue later - but there's no way I'd own a male dog and not neuter him!! (Mark your territory in my house?  I don't think so!!!)  But, no heart murmur, sight and hearing are perfect.  The breeder told me (and then showed me) that he already knows the word "no"  (yippee!), is started on crate training as well as housebreaking.  And he's just as sweet as can be!!!  Momma & Daddy were not only gorgeous, but so friendly and well-behaved!  Magnus is definitely the calmer of the 2 puppies Momma had, which is a good thing!  He has the typical Boxer underbite, but it's not extensive (I have seen dogs where the underbite is so bad that they have problems).  All in all - healthy, happy pup....and I CANNOT wait to make him part of our family!!

BTW - new pic...but as I went to snap the shot, he was taking off to go play with the other dogs in their house who were going nuts because they all wanted my attention!!!  I caught him in mid-lunge!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment