Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bring on the crazies...

Oh wow!  I knew this week would be interesting to see who applied for the job that was listed in the paper...but I apparently underestimated!!!   We have had applications that completely baffle me!!  One was from an older woman (well into her 60's) that was a clerk at a church for a bazillion years (no veterinary experience whatsoever), 3 or 4 from techs or vet tech students (not the position open -I'm the tech, not going anywhere!), one from a woman who uses a walker to get around (this one kills me, because she called first to see what the job entailed....and when Dr. Anne told her it includes animal restraint both on the table and on the floor-she still applied!), several  from restaurant waitresses, and one from a mentally challenged girl who had to have her friend help her fill out the application!  Oh- and many who think this is simply a clerical position....."I can type 50 words a minute and handle a 4 line phone".  Um...no!  I think we need to run another ad.....something along the lines of......"Veterinary receptionist/assistant needed - not a clerical position...veterinary experience a must."!!!!!  Just my 2 cents!

No comments:

Post a Comment