Friday, February 25, 2011

Friend???

Have been thinking lately I may need to "fire" a friend.  Have you ever had to do this?  This has just been making me nuts for a while now.  I have this old friend and we used to stay in touch all the time.  Now (the past couple years), the only time I hear from him is when he needs something.  Now, every phone call, every email starts with..."Hey, I need a favor..."  I don't mind helping, but I don't like feeling used either.  If he does ask about Grace or I, it always seems to be an afterthought.  I can't remember the last phone call or email that was just about how Grace & I are, and catching up.  I don't like being used.  I think the next "favor" that comes up....it's time for me to say no. 

1 comment:

  1. Awww, sorry. But you are right: he is not a friend, you can not call him that, huh?
    By definition: a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard. A person who GIVES assistance.
    So, does he have these feelings FOR you? I think maybe the word 'friend' has begun to be overused and abused. We have forgotten the real meaning of the word, eh?
    Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete