Thursday, January 13, 2011

Michigan football

I have to get this out.  OK - they fired Rich Rod - which I think may or may not have been a mistake.  He only coached 2 years with a team full of newbies.  He brought us Tate Forcier and Denard Robinson as quarterbacks.  Forcier was good, Robinson  - all out amazing!  What our Wolverine team was lacking was a defensive line.  My thought was, leave Rich Rod, fire Greg Robinson, the defensive coach.  Therein is the problem.

Now they have hired Brady Hoke - who has a pretty good record.  And the fans are all thinking he's the great white hope.  Funny, they all thought that of Rich Rod 2 years ago. 

I am cautiously optimistic.....let's see what Hoke does with this still young team.  But, I have to wonder - if he doesn't kick out an amazing Michigan team in the next year or two....are they going to fire him too??  I AM  a huge Michigan fan. as all of you know, but I'm also realistic.  Bo Schembechler's were not made in a season or two......even Lloyd Carr took a while to make things "click". 

I love my team and I will say - we have the most loyal fans - I'm just not sure how far some of the fans look into the future and see "big picture"!  Two years ago we were rebuilding the team....we'd lost almost everyone.  The team is still not back to being as strong as it once was.  Hiring and firing coaches on a "2 year-and out" basis does not do this Michigan team any good.  If Hoke doesn't beat OSU in the next 2 years, I wonder how fast these "fans" will turn on him - and who will coach after that??

Sorry for the rant....just had to get it off my chest!

No comments:

Post a Comment