Friday, January 21, 2011

Why do I bother??

Seriously...sometimes I wonder if, when I'm on the phone at work, what I say is being translated into swahili when it comes out the other end!

A week and a half ago, knowing that my boss was going on vacation and that we'd be closed for a week, I called ALL of our clients whose pets are on medication on a constant basis.  We keep a list of these clients & their pets solely for this purpose.  I specifically told each of these clients that they had until Friday, Jan 21st by 1:30 pm to come in and get prescriptions refilled if they thought they would need them before Monday Jan. 31st when we re-open.

Today, Friday Jan. 21st, at 1:27 pm (not exaggerating here - I checked the time) ,  I get a call from ....well, let's call her Mrs. Livina Lalaland.  She needs a refill on ...let's call her Fifi's, medication.  I say I'm just getting ready to close up, but if she can be there shortly, I'll wait for her.  She tells me - oh no, I can't come today - will you be there tomorrow?  *SIGH*  "No, after today we will be closed until Mon the 31st."  Now she asks - well, how will I get Fifi's medicine??  I said - "Mrs. Lalaland....this is why I called you a week and a half ago and spoke directly with you about this."  *SIGH*   I didn't even know that I knew swahili!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment